How&How are seeking a full-time Senior Designer to join our London team. You will have raw talent, curiosity and a strong creative instinct—and help us deliver work for our clients which is bold, conceptual and different. You will be a team player who will be generous with ideas and have strong beliefs—loosely held.
You will be the driving force behind creative output, and work in our design team to develop the creative vision of a project. The majority of the creative heavy lifting takes place by you, and it's essential you’re not afraid to get stuck in on all levels of work. Egos get left at the door.
You will need to be comfortable working in various design and illustration aesthetics and have a cohesive understanding of how their frames will translate into animated pieces and design projects. Animation skills are also beneficial but not essential.
Topline: we need a well-rounded, team-player to push our design forwards with brilliant creative ideas, amazing design skills, fastidious attention to detail and smart strategic thinking.
What you’ll do:
- Bring brand strategy to life as brand expression and help create brand identities and assets for our clients under the Creative leadership team of DDs and CDs.
- Brainstorm initial ideas and carry them through to concept development and visualizations—ultimately taking the expression through to a system based on strategy, principles and final implementation
- Assist with pitches, and carve creative brand routes from ideation phase to design development and roll-out
- Be primarily responsible for the visual thrust behind any ideas being presented, but also contribute as much to the strategic thinking and conceptual rationale behind those ideas
- Be the lead creative on a particular project. This requires you to have the basic skills necessary to manage both yourself and the projects of other designers—leading and inspiring juniors and mids, and delivering compelling work from beginning to end
- Have your finger on the pulse of current trends in the world of design / art / fashion / creativity / culture and bring that information and enthusiasm for popular culture into the design studio everyday
- Know when to follow design rules, and when to break them
What we’re after for the role:
- 6+ years hands-on experience as a Brand Designer
- 100% credible in our core discipline of graphic design
- Completely at home working in Figma
- Deep skills in Adobe Creative Suite: Ps, Ai (ideally Ae too)
- Efficient, detail-oriented, organized, and able to work under tight deadlines
- Team player that’ll fit into our design-driven, collaborative team
- Extremely comfortable designing and building decks in Pitch
- Able to get under the skin of client’s issues
- Able to build personal relationships and trust with clients
- Articulate, confident and assertive in presenting work
- Strong creative instincts and willingness to push further through experimentation
- Additional tools are a big plus: motion, code, illustration, etc
What we’re after for the agency:
- Curious about brands and the positive impact they can have on the world
- Interested in more than just design
- Ambitious self-starter who can thrive in ambiguity
- Can-do positivity and optimistic attitude :)
What we offer:
- Salary of £50,000-£55,000 (DOE) + Bonus Opportunities
- 28 Day Holiday allocation (including Bank Holidays)
- Random bonus paid days off
- £1,000/year Skills & Training Allowance
- Macbook Pro setup provided
- Weekly WFH days
- Pro Bono Environmental Studio Projects
- Transparent Tiered Salary System
- 2 Week Remote Working Opportunities (timezone dependent)
- We’re currently working towards B-Corp Status and aim to complete in 2024
How&How are a talent-driven, branding agency with offices in London and LA. Since 2020, we’ve been growing a team of the world’s best thinkers, most talented creatives and restlessly curious minds in a collaborative, ego-free culture that nurtures creative ambition and promotes growth.
On the road to B-Corp, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we’re committed to diversity and inclusion. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
We’re looking for the person—not the job description. If you’d like to be part of our team, we’d love to hear from you. You may be exactly what we’re looking for... we just don’t know it yet ☺